If You're Receiving an Incoming Wire
MUCFCU uses an intermediary institution for wire services. Have the sender of your wire give his/her bank or financial institution when sending your wire:
For wires coming from U.S. or international financial institutions:
Corporate One Federal Credit Union
ABA Routing Number: 244084264
Further Credit To:
Miami University Community Federal Credit Union
ABA Routing Number: 242278878
Final Credit To:
Your Name and MUCFCU Account Number
Most financial institutions charge a small fee for both receiving and sending wires. Both you and your recipient should review these fees before sending a wire.
If You're Sending an Outgoing Wire
You must come in to an MUCFCU branch to send a wire. At this time, wires cannot be originated by phone or email, unless you have made prior arrangements with a Member Service supervisor. Wire services are available at any MUCFCU branch.
When sending a wire, you must bring in your photo ID, as well as the following information for the intended recipient:
- Recipient's name
- Recipient's address
- Recipient's phone number
- Name of the bank or financial institution receiving the wire
- Location (at a minimum, city) of the recipient bank/financial institution
- Recipient's account number at the receiving bank/financial institution
- ABA Routing Number of the receiving bank/financial institution, if the wire is going to an institution in the U.S.
- SWIFT Code of the receiving bank/financial institution, if the wire is going to an international institution
Some banks and financial institutions use an intermediary institution for receiving wires, which requires a second Routing Number. Ask your receiving party if his/her financial institution requires a second Routing Number to receive wires.
Most financial institutions charge a fee for both sending and receiving wires. Review all fees before sending a wire, and if necessary, be sure to send enough to cover the receiving institution's fee to receive a wire.