Online Banking Account Safety
At Miami University & Community Federal Credit Union, we, along with our online banking service partners, work to provide you with a secure online banking experience. All Online Banking transactions, Online Bill Pay transactions, and Online Loan Applications are transmitted through a secure Web connection.
However, as a member, there are certain steps you can (and should) take to help make sure that your personal information is protected. We recommend the following:
- Always make sure the computer you are using has adequate antivirus and anti-malware protection.
- We strongly recommend that you not use a public computer to do your online financial transactions.
- If you use wireless Internet to conduct your online banking transactions, always be sure your wireless Internet connection is secure.
- Change your Online Banking and Online Bill Pay passwords once every 30-60 days.
- We strongly recommend creating passwords using a combination of letters and numbers. Never use your Social Security Number, birth date, phone number, or other easily identifiable numbers as passwords.
- Never give out or share your passwords with anyone.
- Never save your personal information--including account numbers, Social Security number, or passwords--on a computer. If you have entered this kind of personal information and the computer asks you, "Do you want to save this information?" always say No.
- Always log out of your Online Banking account when you are finished. Then close your Web browser program.
If you have further questions or concerns about the security of Online Banking at Miami University & Community Federal Credit Union, please call us at (513) 523-8888.